FREE Motorcycle Safety Course
SMART the free motorcycle safety course!
S - Say no to drinking and riding
M - Make yourself more visible to motorists
A - Always wear your helmet when you ride
R - Ride in control (within legal and personal limits)
T - Train regularly and get endorsed
We all love our sport, but motorcycle related fatalies impact us and those we love far too often. Reducing motorcycle related crashes and fatalies means training and awareness for riders. This is why the S.M.A.R.T. program was created!
The goal of SMART training is: "To help students demonstrate safe motorcycle riding techniques by negotiating commonly found street riding situations in a controlled and skill oriented manner."
Courses offered by the SMART program occur in closed courses, instructed by elite, trained, motor officers. They teach the very same techniques that they use making them some of the best riders in the world. Students get individual attention that will improve their riding while providing them with new skills. Pay attention and apply what you learn and you can ride away from the course a better, safer rider than when you showed up.
Work with us to make the streets safer and reduce motorcycle related crashes and falities. Lets save lives.
These events are held at
329 Pennell Circle
Tallahassee Fl, 32306
Any questions, you may contact: Ofc Mike Rodes ret. - 850-570-2358
Up coming events are:
- March 10th, 2018
- March 24th, 2018
- April 7th, 2018
- May 19th, 2018
- June 2nd, 2018
- June 30th, 2018
This course is free, it is paid for by a grant.
If you don't understand any of these things or need some help, please don't hesitate to ask.
- Valid drivers license, with motorcycle endorement.
- Motorcycle in good condition, free of leaks, lose parts with brakes and tires in good condition.
- Boots that extend above the ankle, the ankle must be covered.
- DOT approved helmet, free of damage.
- Eye protection, percription eyewear, sunglasses or full face helmet is all acceptable.
- Throttle must return on its own, we must hear the snap.
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket.
- Long pants.
- Non-alcoholic beverages. Snacks are optional, remember you will be in a parking lot, with limited shade! Drink plenty of fluids 1 to 2 hours prior to the start of your range session and continue during your range session. Sunscreen, rain gear and a change of clothing are usually good to have available. It is the responsibility of each rider to have everything needed to attend this course. Anyone arriving without the mandatory riding equipment will not be permitted to participate.